The attorneys of Montgomery & Interpreter, PLC, understand that the best way to manage risk in your business is to solve problems early, before they become a liability. However, if litigation becomes necessary, our experienced attorneys can provide the legal guidance that your business needs to successfully navigate through difficult times.
We regularly provide legal services to clients in the following areas:
- Primary drafter and co-negotiator of new Sewer Services Agreement between a northern Arizona Tribe and a sanitary district for the provision of substantial additional sewer service to the Tribe, which was critical for new casino grand opening.
- Drafted a Management Systems Manual and Employment Manual to fit with a Tribe’s contemporaneous infrastructure, while also complying with P.L. 93-638 funding requirements for internal fiscal management control and decision-making process. Addressed questions of federal employment laws and their applicability to Tribe through the method of drafting the Manuals.
- Conducted the transfer of the assets of a therapeutic horse-riding program from a state university to a non-profit organization while protecting the non-profit from the assumption of unnecessary liabilities. Drafted waiver and health information forms to address liability and emergency care concerns.
- Negotiated equipment leases and vendor agreements on behalf of a Tribal gaming facility.
- Reviewed multi-million dollar financing agreement proposed by institutional bank to Tribal client and its gaming facility and negotiated terms which would protect the Tribe against violations of IGRA and state-tribal gaming compact, and prevent invasion of Tribal assets outside of the gaming facility in the event of default.
- Negotiated a contract with a third party provider under a self-funded health benefits plan.
- Negotiated a waste water treatment construction contract.